Madison Elementary School
Teresa Hicks, Principal
Lindsey Rose, Assistant Principal
Hours of Operation:
8:00 AM – 4:30 PM
8:45 AM – 3:30 PM
Tel: (804) 448-2171
Fax: (844) 687-4753
Greetings Mustang Families,
Welcome to the 2022-2023 school year at Madison Elementary, Home of the Mustangs. The faculty and staff are excited to welcome returning Mustangs as well as new students to our school. This school year our theme is “Reach for the Stars”.
We are focusing on Achievement, Behavior, and Culture as our main focus for the year. We want all of our students to be successful learners and to demonstrate the skills necessary to move on to the next grade.
We focus on the three R’s in regards to behavior – Be Respectful, Be Responsible, and Be Ready for Learning. We continue to grow our school community by using The House System, where each child is a member of one of “five houses” all named after horses – Appaloosa, Quarter, Thoroughbred, Arabian, and Clydesdale. Classes earn “house points” for demonstrating the 3R’s as well as points for academic achievements, classroom behavior, and fun house competitions such as basketball or kickball. Each month a different house is recognized as earning the most house points and they receive recognition and rewards.
We look forward to re-energizing our PTA as well as our Volunteer Program. We are excited for the partnerships with the community and look forward to a successful year.
Here are just a few reminders, as we work together to provide a safe and secure environment for our stakeholders:
- Students may arrive between 8:20-8:45 a.m. daily; after 8:45a.m., your child will be considered tardy;
- Breakfast begins at 8:20a.m. and ends at 9:00 a.m.;
- All visitors must enter through the front of the building and sign in at the front desk, proper Identification is required;
- All tardy students must be signed in by an adult after 8:45a.m.;
- Please arrive before 3:00 p.m. if you must sign out your child before dismissal, we will be unable to dismiss at the front desk after this time as we will be preparing for bus and car rider dismissal;
- Every day counts for attendance. Please be reminded that all students must be in school a minimum of three hours to be counted present. Students with five (5) tardies or (5) early dismissals during the school year will not be eligible for perfect attendance awards.
- If your child is a car rider, please stay in your vehicle and follow the car rider line for drop off and pick up.
Teresa Hicks, Principal