Caroline County Preschool Application Process
Caroline County Public Schools offers a rigorous preschool program to provide a range of school readiness skills to eligible children with the greatest need. CCPS offers 3 and 4 year old preschool classes at Bowling Green, Lewis & Clark and Madison Elementary schools. Students must attend class in their attendance zone school and transportation is not provided for three year old children. *Unless otherwise provided as a service through an Individual Educational Plan.
Eligibility for all classes is based on multiple criteria with income being a highly considered component. All parents or guardians must complete the preschool application and will receive notification if they are eligible to continue the application process.
- To be eligible for the 3 year old preschool school class, your child must be 3 years old by September 30, 2023 (No exceptions).
- To be eligible for the 4 year old preschool class, your child must be 4 years old by September 30, 2023 (No exceptions).
- Eligible children must live in Caroline County and reside in the attendance zone of the designated elementary school.
- Completing the application does not guarantee enrollment.
- Acceptance into the program is based on eligibility and not first come, first serve.
Step 1: Complete the Preschool Application
- Please click on the link for directions and important preschool information.
23-24 preschool application (english) 23-24 preschool application (spanish)
You must have your child’s original or certified birth certificate with you when you apply. You will not be able to continue with the application process until you have the birth certificate and all other required documents. Only a parent or legal guardian can complete the application.
Step 2: If eligible to to continue with the process, the Family Engagement Coordinator will contact you directly to set up a face to face appointment. You will be required to complete several documents in advance of your appointment and the remaining will be completed during.
**Refer to list of required supplemental documents, page 3, that MUST be provided during application appointment.**
Step 3: Acceptance and Placement
- If your child is accepted into the preschool program, you will receive an acceptance letter via the US postal mail.
Please note: Children will be placed in the program based on the above criteria until all slots are filled. Remaining eligible children will be placed on a waiting list and a letter will be sent to the parents or guardians.
Step 4: Enrollment
- After a parent receives the letter of acceptance, parents or guardians can complete the student enrollment packet to enroll their child into the school in their attendance zone. School Registrars are available to help with these documents.
- The student enrollment packet can be downloaded from the CCPS website and completed or picked up at the school in the child’s attendance zone.
- Parents must bring the completed enrollment packet and items required for school enrollment to register your child for preschool prior to the 1st day of school.
Required Preschool Application Documents
In order for the application to be processed the parent/guardian will need to bring the following required documents to the school in your child’s attendance zone:
- Completed application with appropriate signatures
- Child’s original or certified birth certificate
- IEP, if applicable
- Income Documentation and Assistance. All income and assistance of the following that apply:
- 1040/Income Tax Returns, Employer W-2 forms, and three pay stubs from the consecutive months preceding application
- Current TANF
- Social Security and Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Child Support
- Educational Assistance
- Unemployment and Worker’ compensation payments
- Veterans’ benefit payments
- Survivor benefit payments
- Pension or retirement income
- Interest and dividends
- Rents and royalties
- Income from estates and trusts
- Legal Custody/Guardianship, Visitation, and/or Protective Orders, if applicable
- Foster Parent Verification, if applicable
- Photo ID and two documents for proof of residency
Also, you must provide two documents from list A or one from list A and one from list B
- A deed or lease agreement to the residence
- Utility bill or new hookup/installation issued within the last 30 days (telephone, electric, cable, water, etc.)
- A letter from Rappahannock Electric or Dominion Power verifying the address
- A U.S. Internal Revenue Service tax reporting W-2 from the current year
- A payroll check stub issued by an employer within the last 30 days
- A piece of mail with new forwarding address indicated by the post office